Poetry/writing/ art forum

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Some of us having been posting poetry in the generla forum and I have brought the idea up with Chase and the other mods to have a poetry forum.

I'd like your feedback on whether it is something that would actually be used.

Thoughts?

i like the idea- would it be for original poetry or published works or both?

I'm sure it would be used a little bit... but do you think it needs its own forum?

I'm of two minds. Personally, I don't think it would get a ton of traffic; but then again I think it would make a nice addition to the site.

The only caveat I would add would be that it should be well down the list of forums, near or with the OT forum.

At other forums Ive been a part of, the poetry/writing sectionshave never been ones that get a ton of traffic. Thats not their purpose.
They get regular traffic and thats what counts.

Voo, suggesting a separate forum is so that we dont get poetry threads in the general off topic forum when I know a lot of people wouldn't really be interested. I also dont feel that comfortable just sticking poetry in that forum either. Id rather it be somewhere where like minded people are reading.

Its up to you guys.

Toby..it would be for any writing whatsoever, and can also can include artworks, music mp3s(which I know you like sharing Voods). It would be a showcase of our art. Basically it would be like the photo gallery except without the photography....in other words, a gallery for everything else.

Hiya Manda :)
Well ya KNOW I'd be all for a poetry/art/writing forum. Granted this IS a photography site but it cant hurt to have a small 'branch-off ' such as this for ppl to dabble into if they so desire....might be material there that gives people even MORE inspiration for their next photography theme ....?

I'm not much of a scribbler anymore, and I'd never want to show the crap I've written.... :blulsh2: but I really enjoy other people's stuff....and the idea of the music files is fab.

:D

quote the raven....

[birdvoice]AAAAACCCCKKK!!! NEVERMORE!!![/birdvoice]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back