point and shoot

tbrownarcher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought an Olympus SP 550 uz camera and have been playing with it quite a lot. I was turned from film years ago because of the money to develope and the cost of film.

Well now I have my very own digital which I decided on because of the ability to take 15 pics / second. I already got a really good string of pics of a Blue Heron leaving the shore and going across the lake. the bird flapped one cycle of it's wings and I got 4 shots in that cycle. To me it was amazing.

However. This is supposed to be a low light camera and I am having trouble getting low light right. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I know this is not an SLR and I"M pretty sure it's not a point and shoot camera so what is it. I don't understand the terminology very well at all.

Thanks,
tbrownarcher (nate)

Hi Nate,

To increase the light sensitivity of your camera you might want to try upping the ISO setting. From what I can find on Google it will go all the way up to a whopping 5000 ISO, which should give you some great low-light response, although you may find you get a lot of noise to go with it!

Alternatively, does it give you any control over the aperture size? If so, try opening that as wide as the conditions will allow.

Pete

Yes it gives me control over the aperture size if that is the Fstop. I have control over the Aperture, the shutter speed, the ISO. There must be a thousand different settings on this camera.

I will try the ISO. I think your right about it.

Will let you know!

Also! On the 'M"setting I get a dark screen and view finder when I try to open up the aperture and work with the Shutter speed and can't get the screen to brighten after it goes dark. Is this a problem with the camera or am I not resetting it correctly or what ?

Thanks,
tbrownarcher (nate)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back