Point Pelee, Ontario

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unfortunately quite a hazy day, early this year so there was still some ice.
This is acutally the most southern point of Canada as far as I know.

1:
_MG_2042.jpg

2:
_MG_2045.jpg

3:
_MG_2055.jpg

4:
_MG_2066.jpg

5:
_MG_2068.jpg

6:
_MG_2069.jpg

7:
_MG_2078.jpg

8:
_MG_2105.jpg

Ah N-Ice!..

Quite like Number 5, nice sky. I need to travel more!

Is #1 two exposures?, just going by what looks like movement at the bottom left

Hey thats my home stomping grounds right there! Did you run into Mr. Barlow there? ;)

Wonderful captures, I especially love #5

Is #1 two exposures?, just going by what looks like movement at the bottom left

no, actually one exposure only, at 1/200 s. so there is no motion blur either. But you are right, at the resolution i posted it at, it looks a bit strange, but that is an optical illusion created by the structure.

Hey thats my home stomping grounds right there! Did you run into Mr. Barlow there? ;)

Wonderful captures, I especially love #5

Who is Mr Barlow? ;)

That place was actually deserted, except for one birder.

^^^ Ray Barlow...exceptionally talented wildlife photographer who used to post here a lot ;)

^^^ Ray Barlow...exceptionally talented wildlife photographer who used to post here a lot ;)

aaaahh..ok! sorry, I thought Mr Barlow was some reference to a TV series or something similar ;)

Never thought of a TPF-member!

god, awesome sky... I love 7 and 8.

god, awesome sky... I love 7 and 8.

thanks, actually it was a very bad day for photography. had to wait a long time to have some half hour where such shots were possible.

#2 pretty much sums it up. 90% of that day I had light like that.

in most not much is happening (for my taste). But I think #5 is beautiful. I love the lines of the sky, the water and the land. Excellent picture. :thumbup:

pascal

in most not much is happening (for my taste).

you are absolutely right here.

it was an empty place, and as I took those in a hurry when the sun came out for a couple of moments, I might not have gotten the best perspectives :confused:

thanks, actually it was a very bad day for photography. had to wait a long time to have some half hour where such shots were possible.

#2 pretty much sums it up. 90% of that day I had light like that.

It was evidently worth the wait. Very pretty shots. I'd frame and put a couple of those up.

You know, I was looking at them again and was thinking maybe that they could use a slight push. I did a Contrast +15, Saturation +5, Smart Sharpen +50% Radius .8 Threshold 2. This is what I came up with... It might not be quite right, but it seemed to make it pop a little more. What do you think?

_MG_2078a.jpg

thanks for the edit. yes, my edits were very conservative. partly because they are part of a large set which i processed automatically. no finetuning for the individual image ;)

by the way, the day in Port Huron was much better :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back