POint Reyes

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On a wonderfully windy day (Gusts up to 40mph) i hiked up Mission peak near Fremont CA
shot on Velvia 50

A gate with no fence
10-1.jpg

a fence with no gate (im serious...these were like 50 feet apart)
3-2.jpg

I wish i had IR film with me at this point

11.jpg

my version of the famous point reyes boat (shot on Ilford HP4 125)
2-2.jpg

any C&C would be sweet :)

What a clear day that one was!
Any dust that might have been in the air must have been blown away by the wind!
You used a polariser, too, didn't you?
Or what explains that deep, deep blue sky?
OK, the velvia produces these very saturated colours, but that deep blue going towards black in the sky ... film alone? :scratch:

Anyhow, I best like the gate without fence. It makes you look once, twice, go "eh?" :er: and look again. Good!
And - as I was saying - wonderful colours. I also like how the features on that slope (rocky patches) seems to mirror the clouds in the sky.

And I also very much like that gnarled tree!
I really do like gnarled trees, you know (along with the colour green, and old barns, and half-timbered houses, and windows and and and and and ;)).

stunning shots just can't pick a fav

I love the vibrant colors! My favorite is ...well crap. I can't choose... they're all lovely.

i think that deep blue going to black happens because my 28mm lens with the polarizer can get some nasty vinigetting

Very nice, #3 & 4 have great composition. I find the boat shot particularly interesting and a great choice of angle.

Nice job-- those are wonderful, especially the one of the lone gate.
I live close enough to Point Reyes, and my mom has dragged me on a hike similar to yours a couple of times. I agree, the views were brilliant, and the area up in the hills was so secluded and beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back