Point & Shoot Vs. SLR

Ohhhh the good old RAW... I am having problem with that too... I recently installed CS3 on my new computer, but I cannot open my RAW files.. I downloaded Canon Camera RAW, unzipped it, and moved it to the folder that they suggested, but still when I try to open RAW images, I get a warning saying that "The file type is not recognized" or something like that... Oh I am so frustrated.. Maybe I should change my user name to "ihatephotography" :)

Get the latest RAW definitions from Adobe... unless your cam is crazy new that often fixes the problem.

To OP: One thing to remember is an SLR will let you screw up. You really want to do that? Oooooookay! You're the boss! <click> This is the power and the pain of this kind of equipment.

The first time I went out with my buddy with my D100, every single picture he took with his Sony F707 was amazing, and everyone I took with my D100 was garbage. I almost tossed my camera in the river. Over time I found I got better and then he was essentially unable to replicate what I could do.

Time, practice and patience. You'll get there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back