poison ivy

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
ok it isnt poison ivy, it's just normal ivy i think, but i needed a more catchy title than "Ivy"

This photo was close to what i wanted to acheive, i just wish the leaf on the back right was a little higher up to balance it out better.

Not sure about the backgraound details. Should i burn the in a little more or get rid of them altogther.

Any other general critiques welcome. OTE

leafy3d.jpg

Specs:
20d
flash
18-50mm sigma

My main concern is with the placement of the leaves in frame. The three largest don't seem to relate to each other in any way - they just compete for attention. I think it might have worked better without the big leaf bottom right.

thanks

do you think rotating the picture and maybe knocking one or two of the leaves out of focus may help?

(btw did i put this in the wrong section?)

ok, the neighborhood weirdo here, but i so dig this pic... i really love it..would love to have it blown up in a poster kinda thing, and have it on a wall...

(but then again... i'm spooky....so dont judge by me...)

great job to me.....i love it!!

Thanks AprilR. Unfortunately this is a small crop from a larger digital image so it wont print very well at a bigger size. One of the draw-backs with digital :(

There's a Minor White shot you should see, I actually used to own the original; it's ivy from Oregon...what he did was bump up the contrast to max and burned in the background so that it only quietly and very subtley was present. A wonderful print.

If your image has that much information, it'd be pretty cool to give it a try.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

Back