Poker players?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ajmall, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

Just wondering if anyone played poker either online or for real and how long for?

Certainly in the UK texas hold 'em mainly has taken off like crazy in the past 6 months. Being a student I never really have the money to gamble

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i play competetively online and around town...

hold em no limit

3. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I've played for fun, but never money...love to watch the World Series of Poker on ESPN though...it's quite interesting...the game has taken off here on campus though and it's getting folks in trouble...they end up broke and skipping class b/c they spend all night playing poker....

4. Hawkwind

Hawkwind TPF Noob!

I played in the wsop at the Rio in June/July ... didn't stick it out for the big one though. Not much joy in the tournaments but made a bit in the sats (that helped fund the tourneys). Good number of 'us' Brits there.
    I play online a bit ;)

5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind TPF Noob!

In fact I had a meal with Eric Lindgren in one of the evening breaks... very nice meal, thanks Eric, you're a gent.

6. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

gees i can see myself doing that at uni this year. i better be careful!

7. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been playing for over a year and half now. Wouldn't say I'm the best player, but at this point i'd say my chances are good against any pro, meaning I believe I might win, so I would actually sit at the same table as a pro, If I had the money...which I don't.

Usually I play with a bunch of guys in town. Nothing big $20 buy in's or less (hold'em tourny). And I play online.

Most I ever won was $380 at a tournament in Brampton Ontario. It was great taking down a bunch of wiger white boys who were just tyring to bluff the whole game. I did get great cards the whole time though.

Used to live in a large loft too. Me and my crew have put together some bigger tournaments of 40+ people. I lost in both of them early.

I now play online, but not at this point cause i have no internet at home.

8. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've been playing poker for at least 20 years now. Holdem for about 8. Took second in several tournaments but only took first in a small one (9 players). Seems like everyone is playing now, Walmart has poker tables and chips. But it is a lot of fun, still. I never play online, just doesn't have the same tension.

9. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a lot easier to win money though. Just don't play when you're drunk, or antsy.