Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Camera-shy polar bear charges tourist group, takes off with tripod

Yup...an Alaskan polar bear charged a group of photo-snapping tourists, selected a nice Gitzo tripod, ran off with it, and played with it. There's one nice photo that runs with the story,showing the polar bear carrying the tripod in its jaws. Story from the NY Daily news web site.

I have seen this in magazines before. It is not new. Manfrotto....I think..... are the ones who do a add with it. Its is still a neat pictures though

That must have been the most annoying thing to see, for the guy, seeing a polar bear take your $500 tripod, and knowing you aren't getting it back.

Hey, look at it from the bears side. You know how hard it is to get a credit card these days? B&H doesn't just give those things away and he probably had a family shoot coming up. What's a bear to do???
2funny.gif

that suckss.

I thought the reason for spending $500 on a super-lightweight Basalt Carbon-Fibre tripod was so it would be easy to carry when you need to bolt so you don't get eaten by a polar bear. So why leave the tripod and camera behind when you run for your life? ;)

Keith
When people panic, they will leave their kids, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, and mothers behind...:mrgreen:

Keith
When people panic, they will leave their kids, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, and mothers behind...:mrgreen:

Nah.... Mostly they just leave wives and mother-in-laws. And a big jar of honey that accidentally got spilled on one or both.

Keith

Nah.... Mostly they just leave wives and mother-in-laws. And a big jar of honey that accidentally got spilled on one or both.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back