Polarized Filter...when to use?

What are the basic set of conditions for which you would want to use a polarized filter? I'm guessing outdoors on a sunny day?

It will help you cut through haze. Also control reflections in water. Glare. Other stuff. ... Try it if you got one.

yup....

brings more contrast out of the sky.... (don't forget to spin it)

also good when you want to reduce reflection or glare from say water or a car show...

it also works as a two stop ND filter if you need a little space...

CPLs are used for:

1) Reducing glare and reflections on reflective surfaces
2) If it's a warming polarizer, it can give a warming effect that counters with the polarizing effect (I personally like this)
3) Creates a deep blue sky that causes pleasant contrast with clouds, but only at an angle of 45 degrees to the sun.

I posted this before but I feel the need to post this for you!

With Polarizer filter mounted
Orange.jpg

With polarizer filter mounted and adjusted
Orange3.jpg

This is kind of cool though these are not out door shots. They help make the blue skies even bluer or darker. The contrast is just great!

-Christopher

Also works well with greens like a jungle, i found it almost makes tropical water look like your looking through it. Mind you I never considered using it for anythng else until the suggestion for a car show, might be going to an indoor car show tomorrow with bright light to try and see if it helps. I believe i polorized this one with my d40 and a kit lens
pic2.jpg

Nice shot puyjapin! I just ordered my polarizing filter, but for a different purpose. I don't want any more spoiled shots taken through car or bus windows. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back