Polarizing filter fun at the landfill

John the Greek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well the landfill is now a "park".. anyway, I finished a roll of film there and it was my first to be developed.. successfully atleast.
Also, I'm using a film SLR and I scanned this photo with a crappy scanner.. so there's an obvious loss in quality.
scan00030ib.jpg

Agreed: the vertical stripes in the picture as it appears now, after its digitalisation, must bug you.
Other than that, though, this is a fine photo, the colours really jump at you after you used your polarising filter. The sky is so intensely blue... way cool. It must really catch your eye when you see the print. Will you get it enlarged?

Great shot with lovely colours... I do agree that the quality isn't that great due to the scanning.. but it still jumps out at you.
Cheers,
Grace

Aren't polarizing filters just the best!! And really great colours too!

I'm on holidays atm and went to an aquarium and dun dun dun.. No filters on my P&S Camera, but I had my trusty sunglasses with my so I was holding my sunnies in front of my camera over the touch pool and some stupid assistant walks by and laughs at me and says "Sunglasses aren't going to help you picture there love, it's not even sunny today" and then she walked off. I wanted to run after her and show her the picture without and then with the sunnies, There were so many reflections that just magically disappeared. When I get back home I'll make sure I post the example.

This is my first roll of film developed.. I'm not sure if I'll get an enlargement. I'm going to wait to see if there's any shots I really like from this B&W roll which is developing right now.. then I'll send in for enlargements of both.

Great shot. Nice colours you got .

Most reactions

Back