POLAROID 809 FILM help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollykb8503

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I was curious if anyone knew if it was possible to buy 809 film that is cheaper than 150.00 for one box. It's so expensive everywhere I look! Thank you, Holly:hail:

Oh, yeah, it's obscenely expensive. It's the big boy, and pretty specialized, so they get away with it. I've always heard that it's ten bucks a sheet. So be real sure when you try that transfer! :lol:

Have you tried places like this to save a few bucks?

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?page_id=633&form_keyword=polaroid+809+film&rd=1

Even so, depending on shipping it's a crap shoot. But good luck!

How are you planning to use it, if I may ask? I've always thought an emulsion lift with that size would be amazing.

Welcome to TPF, btw. :)

Hey thanks Terri, I will look on that site. Well I have been doing emulsions with 3X4 sizes, and I am just sick of the limited size. I wanted to do something bigger so yes I am going to try emulsions with the 8X10. A thin plastic sheet underneath it should pick it up fine... hopefully... haha I've said that before. Thanks for writing.

Good luck with it! :)

Ever considered the 4x5 sheet film? At $59 a box, roughly three bucks a sheet, and significantly larger format.

Would love to see your work, hope you post it here for all of us Polaroid freaks to enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back