Polaroid back for holga?

DocFrankenstein

Clinically Insane?
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there is such a mod.

I just can't justify putting medium format negatives behind holga glass (plastic?).

How much is a roll of 120?
How much is polaroid?
I've never shot it actually, and haven't touched MF ever.

But it's the idea of taking a perfectly good negative capable of hasselblad resolution and ruining it with holga... it's an atrocity.

The reason the question interest me, is my uh... friend... works for the movie industry and has access for polaroid crap. So the polaroid rolls would be freeee :) Corporate sponsorship. 8)

And I don't have any equipment to process negative at all, let alone MF.

For film, processing, and prints every 120 shot is probably about as expensive as each Polaroid shot. If you are skipping the prints then the 120 film would be slightly cheaper. Free Polaroid is way cheap! If it's the right size Polaroid then go for it.

I get Arista film at freestyle for 1.99 a roll. That's 2 bucks for 12 pics. A pack of film runs at least 10 bucks. 10 for 10.

That's the beauty of the holga though! You put great film behind so-so "glass" and you can get groovy results.

oh, i have yet to truly discover the beauty of film :)

then rangefinder, fully manual slr... holga... MF camera...

It'll take me at least 5 years to discover all of it.

oriecat said:
I get Arista film at freestyle for 1.99 a roll. That's 2 bucks for 12 pics. A pack of film runs at least 10 bucks. 10 for 10.

Sure, that's where I get it too, but then you have to add in the processing cost and prints cost. Where I'm at it's about $10 to get a roll of 120 developed and printed, so it still ends up costing about a buck a shot if you are having a lab do it.

Most reactions

Back