Polaroid Model 545 4x5 Film Holder

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dug through my storage and found an old box with a bunch of slides from the 80's. Well, at the bottom of this box was the polaroid holder ands some polaroid prints. Sure brought back memories.
I last shot 4x5 in 1989 as I lost the use of the dark room because of water shortage. In the box was my 120mm Schneider lens as well which I thought was gone.
In any case the polaroid was the only way you could chimp in those days. For me it was days or weeks otherwise to see what an image looked like. And today polaroid is gone probably for good and you can get these holders for cheap.
The times they do change......

I dug through my storage and found an old box with a bunch of slides from the 80's. Well, at the bottom of this box was the polaroid holder ands some polaroid prints. Sure brought back memories.
I last shot 4x5 in 1989 as I lost the use of the dark room because of water shortage. In the box was my 120mm Schneider lens as well which I thought was gone.
In any case the polaroid was the only way you could chimp in those days. For me it was days or weeks otherwise to see what an image looked like. And today polaroid is gone probably for good and you can get these holders for cheap.
The times they do change......

Not totally. Well, Polaroid film specifically is gone unless you can find some expired that isn't all dried up. But there's this for 4x5: New55 FILM | Real photography – without a darkroom.

And Fuji has pulled the plug on their peel-apart emulsions, but there is still fresh stock from the last batch out in stores.

And, there's the effort to pick up where Fuji left off: WE WILL MAKE PACKFILM!

Not totally. Well, Polaroid film specifically is gone unless you can find some expired that isn't all dried up. But there's this for 4x5: New55 FILM | Real photography – without a darkroom.

And Fuji has pulled the plug on their peel-apart emulsions, but there is still fresh stock from the last batch out in stores.

And, there's the effort to pick up where Fuji left off: WE WILL MAKE PACKFILM!

Thanks Limr, Looks like the New55 works with this holder and gives a positive and negative. I'll keep this link as well as look around for the Fuji stuff.

For limr only:

Most reactions

Back