Polaroids

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by vitalorgans, May 11, 2007.

1. vitalorgans

vitalorgans TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've never tried anything with Polaroid cameras, but I'm really interested in them. Some of my favorite photos come from the sx70. Though I've read that they've discontinued the film needed for this camera. So is there another type of Polaroid camera/film combination that would give me similar results to the sx70 and time zero film?

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    If your intention is polaroid manipulations... unfortunately you are out of luck.... the new stuff doesn't reproduce the time-zero film. Its closer to the 600 film with a built in ND filter. If you intention is film to run through the SX-70... you can use SX-70 blend film. I haven't checked recently but I had a hard time finding a supplier.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Blend-film-for-SX-70-cameras_W0QQugidZ10000000002546175

perhaps people started posting on ebay....

Perhaps it is time for me to pull mine out of the display case :)

[​IMG]

Also... 600 polariod film cartridges is a possibility. The problem is that you'll need someway to put a ND filter in front of the SX-70 lens. I do believe there are sellers in Japan that have a kit. Details are somewhere on the internet.

IMO, Polaroids most famous and highest potential was the SX-70. Their abandonment of it was probably one of their worst business decisions.. and literally killed a Polaroid only art-form overnight.

3. tell a photo

tell a photo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    do they still sell the sx 70?

4. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah on ebay. I've seen it for fairly cheap.