Polarr v Lightroom

[/QUOTE]Thanks Joe, I didn't realised there were so many options. Can you recommend a good online course by any chance? Not for a complete beginner. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Photoshop Classroom in a Box from Peachpit Press. Not all online but it gives you access to their electronic samples and lessons to go with the book. They step through each module and you will learn how to catalogue, keyword, tag, geotag, post process, and use all the other features of Lightroom. Its quite in depth and gives you a good foundation to get started.
One other thing I did not see mentioned is that with the Adobe CC Photographers package you get access to Adobe Portfolio web page builder as well. Its really simple and easy to build a website to show off your work.

Thanks Joe, I didn't realised there were so many options. Can you recommend a good online course by any chance? Not for a complete beginner. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Photoshop Classroom in a Box from Peachpit Press. Not all online but it gives you access to their electronic samples and lessons to go with the book. They step through each module and you will learn how to catalogue, keyword, tag, geotag, post process, and use all the other features of Lightroom. Its quite in depth and gives you a good foundation to get started.
One other thing I did not see mentioned is that with the Adobe CC Photographers package you get access to Adobe Portfolio web page builder as well. Its really simple and easy to build a website to show off your work.[/QUOTE]
sorry - brain fart - its Lightroom Classroom in a box not Photoshop.

Editing photos is like art in a way. If you are happy with pencil sketches, then all you will ever need is a pencil. But, if you want to expand your repertoire, you will need more materials like charcoal, pastels, conté, oil and acrylic paints, India ink and pens, etc.
If you are completely satisfied with the results from Instagram filters, it is all you will ever need, if you want more, you need to do more work and use better tools.
It's fine to start out in one software and move to others as you grow, it also helps you understand how the different platforms accomplish the same tasks differently.
I started out using Lightroom and it was great to start off but as I got more involved in photography I bought my first medium format camera in 2011 (a Phase One) and then attended my first ever PODAS in December of 2012 to New Zealand and have used Capture One ever since and discovered how much better it was for me than lightroom and photoshop had been.
Since then I have been on a dozen more PODAS events and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes to take pictures, great locations and always a very funny and entertaining group of people show up.

As for the editing software Capture One is the best I have found and surpasses what the others offer.

Most reactions

Back