Polerizer

Harpua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fotki.com
I am very new SLR photography and using filters. Right now I have a UV which I thought should stay on the camera at all times, but then learned here that that is not always the case. I also have a circular polarizer filter. I though that I would want to use that anytime I am outside and the sun is shining (not overcast). Is this right or are there other times I would or would not want to use that filter?

Generally a polarisor helps with two situations: reflections and contrast. If there's an interesting cloudy sky that you want to shoot, then it's perfect. If you're shooting something shiny then it's good.

Rob

As Rob said. Also, you will need polarizer while shooting through glass, windows etc and is great when you are trying to shoot streams or lakes.

Edited to correct the spelling of polarizer.
Polarizer, polarizer, polarizer.....

Thanks everyone. That is very helpful info. If it had not been for you all then I probably would have just left it on anytime I was outside.

Unimaxium I promise I will not misspell it again. I actually do know how to spell it as you can see from my post, but I just messed up on the title. I guess I was typing too fast and my brain did not catch the error :blushing:

Most reactions

Back