Police Harassing Timelapse Photographer (Video title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They think they're above the law. Airport officers are the worst though.

Which begs the question: Was in fact within his rights to record them and refuse to show ID?

They can record you, why shouldn't one be able to record them to make sure they're not abusing of power?

In one of the other videos, a cop from new mexico said it's ok to video tape him.

Last edited:
This is a 'Time Lapse' of what and by whom....doesn't any of that matter?

To be fair whilst I understand that people don't like being monitored chances are records of "random guy caught taking photos late at night" are not going to do much and most times probably won't even be filed cause of the paperwork involved. Sometimes giving a little just helps ease the situation somewhat.

*prepares to be bombarded by people defending their rights*

To be fair whilst I understand that people don't like being monitored chances are records of "random guy caught taking photos late at night" are not going to do much and most times probably won't even be filed cause of the paperwork involved. Sometimes giving a little just helps ease the situation somewhat.

*prepares to be bombarded by people defending their rights*

What are you talking about Overread??? Is this a UK think or a US thing??? I'm just *guessing* it makes a diference....

Which begs the question: Was in fact within his rights to record them and refuse to show ID?

Who really cares...you may be partaking in being set up for drama as so often occurs here on TPF...Hook, line and sinker....

What are you talking about Overread??? Is this a UK think or a US thing??? I'm just *guessing* it makes a diference....

Wait which part do you mean by "UK US Thing" (I get that statement just not which bit of my comment it refers to).

Wait which part do you mean by "UK US Thing" (I get that statement just not which bit of my comment it refers to).

The 'rights' part about the 'paperwork'...do they differ between the UK and the US??? You seem to suggest they do...and do you think this video is approriate to the UK or the US as it pertains to harssement and ID ???

LAWS???

Last edited:
Rights and such do differ between the UK and the USA (mostly on account we don't have a specific list of "rights" so much as a long list of things we are not allowed to do ;) - which is an exceptionally broad and simplistic explanation of a complex setup. (and no I can't give the complex explination).

As for paperwork I thought that was a universal factor for the police. Whilst each event might go recorded there is a high chance that if nothing further comes from the event itself and that if nothing is considered strange/risky by the officer then not much if anything will be recorded. If it is all it will list is likely the name of the person and that they had their camera out - not much more or less than that (as there really isn't much more or less than that).

As for ID we do have the right to withhold details of our ID from the police and are not required to even carry it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back