Poll

Umm, viewfinder- I might use the LV if I could figure out how to turn it on.
The book that came with my camera isn't-- Umm, Danielle friendly.

You do know there is a polling functionality on this forum :p

Also it comes down to what people are doing. I have a focusing aid in my viewfinder so I would never use liveview (even if I have it). For people without a focusing aid, who do manual focus, live view is a godsend.

However liveview often comes at severely degraded other functionality of the camera. Phase detection AF doesn't work. In every camera I've seen liveview starts churning out crap when you point at subjects that are either too bright or too dark, and proper shooting form goes out the window when you hold a camera at arms length (though the 15 year olds seem to be getting very good at this :) )

Viewfinder almost all the time except odd angle shots or some macro shots.

I also primarily use the viewfinder. The liveview is not fast enough yet to make it practical to use instead. However, I do use the live view for macro type images, and also for weddings and receptions when I want to have angles that I can't get my eye to (such as overhead for the receptions) or on the ground for some shots in the ceremony etc.

Viewfinder. Liveview when I'm impressing a client. lol it works.

View finder. It isolates my attention to just what's going on in the lens, I can hold the camera steadier, and I don't have to take my glasses off.

Most reactions

Back