Pollux

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well with Plasticspanner for inspiration I decided to break my astronomy gear out and take some photos. Now all I have to do is wait until Saturn is high enough in the sky to photograph. Here are a couple I took while waiting, Hope you enjoy.

the star Pollux
pollux0iz.jpg

and of course our nearest neighbor
200601109nv.jpg

Great shot there! What a shame you just missed his "brother" Castor! (just above the photo I think)

Nice shot of the moon too!:thumbup:

Saturn is just over 52 degrees in elevation here and nearly halfway through its "arc" but we are completely clouded over still. This has got to be a record? Nearly 4 months without a good clear night!:grumpy:

Thanks, I can't get both Caster and Pollux in the same FOV, its a 1200mm scope so the the FOV is pretty narrow.

Ok, Im still waiting and still fooling around:
20060110dia2uv.jpg

awesome moon shot, i think i will officially give up trying to take photos of the moon... :( anything compared to this is disappointing...

:thumbup:

But you might get that freak shot that captures a satellite passing in front of the moon!

I got something like that on video and it was traveling so fast it only appeared on 3 frames! From 30 frames/second, that's fast! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back