Pool

Helen B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4916924-lg.jpg

Helen, I like sunshine, I like swimmin' pools, I like green grass, I even like Hemlocks.........but, it's 1 am, the temp outside is slippin' below freezing, I'm down to seeds an' stems, and I'm just not connecting here. I'm sure it's just me. It was nice meeting you here like this. Maybe tomorrow. :er: ron

seeds and stems, aye ron? interesting... haha

but yea, i think i agree with what he's trying to say... ;-) i'm not realy feeling much in this image seems kinda flat to me... and i dont really like the hose

OK, John, you're feelin' so good.....Pick up that hose and Vac the pool. You know she didn't leave it there by mistake. She's toying with us.

I like it! And what is says to me is someone was kind enough not to pee in the pool, and relaxed enough to blow off tidying up a bit. I'm sure there is a good book out of view on the Chez..

-SheaZ

Thanks to you all for your very kind and revealing comments.

OK, John, you're feelin' so good.....Pick up that hose and Vac the pool. You know she didn't leave it there by mistake. She's toying with us.

I am undone. You appear to have read my intentions and my failings perfectly. Of course I did not interfere with the evidence. I never do. It's only my job to record these quiet things as accurately as I can. I can't help it if an element of capriciousness sneaks in from somewhere, I really can't.

Best,
Helen

I love the style. If you don't mind, can I ask how you captured this? Settings, any PP? It's just got such an interesting light scheme, I know I've seen it in other photography as well yet I don't know how to do it myself.

Anyways, odd juxtaposition here of the typical serenity of pool and pool chair with the tube hanging off-frame on the left, ripples in the water (what's causing that?), and a wacky treeline in the back.

It's not your best but I like it.

Rob, "wacky treeline in the back", that my young friend is an improperly planted, less than well maintained, old Hemlock hedge(Tsuga canadensis). The ripples appear to be eminating from a circulation outlet at the bottom right. Fault my analysis if you must but share responsibility. :lol:

Helen, I was beginning to think you were going to leave us dangling. I should have known better.......I've looked at all your online stuff. ron

Good catch Ron. You seem to know a lot about plants and stuff...:wink:

If you don't mind, can I ask how you captured this? Settings, any PP?...

Rob,

Thanks for your interest. Sorry to have let your question slip by. It was taken on Fuji Pro 160S negative film with a 4x5 camera using a 210 mm lens. Scanned on an Imacon 949 at 2040 ppi. As is my normal practice, I did very little post processing. The normal prints are 20 x 24 (ie that is the size it is intended to be viewed at), though I have also printed a few copies at 12 x 15.

Best, Helen

Rob,

Thanks for your interest. Sorry to have let your question slip by. It was taken on Fuji Pro 160S negative film with a 4x5 camera using a 210 mm lens. Scanned on an Imacon 949 at 2040 ppi. As is my normal practice, I did very little post processing. The normal prints are 20 x 24 (ie that is the size it is intended to be viewed at), though I have also printed a few copies at 12 x 15.

Best, Helen

Thanks for explaining that. I love the lighting in the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back