Poole late afternoon

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
This afternoon, I took the boys down to Poole Harbour and equipped them with an SLR apiece. I figure that the only way to stop them moaning about Dad taking pictures is to try and introduce them to it.

God knows what they took pics of, but my oldest seemed to enjoy the motordrive on my canon and went through a 36 exp film in about 10 minutes, the younger one however has the old Praktica which was my dads camera, so he is a little more limited in fast frame fury and is starting to think about what he takes. Just got to get him used to using the lightmeter without pointing it at the sun and saying it's on 20!

Anyways, the film will be developed, and what will be will be, here's a few I took - oh, I don't normally do sunsets either.

Waiting....

poole3.jpg

The Lifeboat...

poole2.jpg

The old Praktica....

poole7.jpg

And a few sunsetty crane shots to finish off...

Sunset 1
poole4.jpg

Sunset 2
poole5.jpg

Sunset 3
poole1.jpg

Sunset4
poole6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Haven't been down to Poole for ages and that shot along the harbour brought back some great memories! :thumbup: You didn't get any shots of the SunSeeker boats or factory then?

Love that last sunset/crane shot too. :)

Practica! Got my first one when I was nine. I think I destroyed about six of them before going Nikon. Great shots of a lovely place.

Eric

They are all great but the number 5 is fantastic

Thanks guys!

Chris, I didn't take any shots of the Sunseeker place or boats, but we did get down a dead end at the side of their factory where they were buiding a huge yacht, with the smashed up bow of another alongside it. I was more concerned with trying to turn the car round as it was a dead end with the water in front of me!

Eric, I got another praktica today - a nova B but I think it's pretty sick, have to play with it to see if I can loosen it up.

(Aha, I like your fiendishly clever way of getting the family to quit moaning about your picture taking! Could be expensive, though, developing a lot of film)

That's a really nice series. I especially like the Lifeboat, and the 5th 'n' 6th shots. Thanks for sharing.

I really like The Lifeboat. ... somehow I have a weakness for old street lanterns (which is also reflected in the photographs I take myself ;) )

great sunsets

I too got lost in Poole the other week trying to get to Portland

Massive Props. Calm Location. Keep em commin.

Thanks for the comments!

Anti - I'm going to have to take out a loan to supplement the developing costs judging by the amount of full rolls dropping at my feet. :(

And mr prophet, why were you looking for Portland in Poole - it's in Weymouth! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back