Poolhall Friday

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
poolhall-friday700.jpg

I had to reply to this, if only because the title actually reads "Poohall".

But anyway... it's also a very good shot. I like the use of DOF (although the one hand in focus on the left is a little distracting... it seems kinda disembodied), also like the way the perspective on the tables and the lights directs my eye towards the guy about to take the shot and gives a sense of depth.

So, very nice shot. Of the poohall. (sorry, I'm not always this immature... wait, that's a lie :D )

I like the concept! very attractive to my eye! the shallow dof and the greens... but.. hmm I think it may look good in high contrasty black and white

I agree with Zaphod about the hand at the front.

I like the colours and the DOF.
I also like that the guy right at the back of the shot is cueing up directly at the camera, adds a nice touch.
If you get chance to shoot it again, try and have nobody in the foreground and line up the front of the table up for more symmetry.

Ace shot tho :D

Thanks everyone.
It's funny, cuz I happen to like the cutoff hand just sort of floating there in the foreground. Kind of "you ready to play?" feel......maybe(?) (Even though he wasn't waiting for me...) But I tend to like weird compositions and blurs and stuff that most people don't.......
To each his own I guess.

~DC

crawdaddio said:
Thanks everyone.
It's funny, cuz I happen to like the cutoff hand just sort of floating there in the foreground. Kind of "you ready to play?" feel......maybe(?) (Even though he wasn't waiting for me...) But I tend to like weird compositions and blurs and stuff that most people don't.......
To each his own I guess.

~DC
I actually really like that hand, too. I hadn't noticed the guy in the background about to take a shot until somebody mentioned him. The hand in focus in the foreground just waiting and the table with a game in progress seem to say "your turn." I like it. :)

Sweet capture. Thats were I spend most of my time.

Most reactions

Back