Popsicle Princess

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
img3817prpw2.jpg

C&C appreciated. As you can see, there was bright sun and shadow. Should I have done something differently? Would a closer crop give the photo more impact (although I kind of liked how she was holding her father's hand)

This kind of photo needs either fill flash.. or you would have had to meter from her clothes to get correct exposure and blow out the background. The subject is just not properly exposed. Cute idea though..

i like how she's holding his hand but the hand kinda freaked me out b/c it's cut off and just a hand out of no where.

i agree that a reflector or fill flash would have helped better expose her face and would have given it more impact.

cute idea for a photo though. cat

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. A reflector wasn't an option, but fillflash was if I'd thought of it quickly enough.

i like how she's holding his hand but the hand kinda freaked me out b/c it's cut off and just a hand out of no where.

img3817pr2ab9.jpg

The crop gets rid of the father's hand (but of course doesn't address the exposure problem)

I don't know enough about photoshop to do that (if it's even possible)

I don't see where it needs fill flash, on my monitor, anyway. I the like the uncropped version, the select focusing, and the back light. I would have liked it even if the princess had a clean face. It just needed to be sharper, is all.

I like the original Anty. There is an unspoken message of "I'll always be there for you" with the fathers hand coming into the frame. (Did he just get out of hospital?.... the wristband)

The bright spot on the back of his hand is a little distracting and draws my eye away from the little girl just a bit. If you could tone that down and maybe clone out the stray bit of green on right side of her head, I think you have a keeper IMO. It's hard to remember that flash in bright daylight is your friend. :lol:

I love the look (and popsicle mess) on her face. Classic.

...with the fathers hand coming into the frame. (Did he just get out of hospital?.... the wristband)

I love the look (and popsicle mess) on her face. Classic.

Or mental ward?- Probably some type of amusement thing though.

I'd crop just above her right pocket on her pants and the rest proportionally. Not much. Leave the hand in, but burn the highlight a bit and then dodge the midtones on her face some- not much.

Excellent catch! Love the natural look.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Will try the crop/dodge/burn and post the results.

(The pic was taken at a fundraiser I help organize, hence the wristband to show the person had paid the entrance fee. The little girl's face shows leftovers of chocolate ice cream bars, and pink cotton candy. I hope she washed her hands before grabbing the hot dog or burger that was on the kids menu!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back