Popular Photography's Camera of the Year: Nikon D750

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Popular Photography Magazine has named Nikon's D750 the 2014 Camera of the Year. Released to the buying public just one month ago, it's hard for me to imagine it has made such an impact on the market in so short a time.

Excerpt:
Philip Ryan said:
We award Camera of the Year to the image-making machine that most refined or redefined photography in the past 12 months, as determined by our lab and field tests as well as overall performance and technological advancement. This year we mark the further refinement of the mid-level full-frame DSLR. As a body that appeals to both pros (often as a second camera) and serious amateurs (often as the best camera they’ve ever owned), the mightiest of these must be able to handle almost any shooting scenario. It should focus quickly, track your subjects well, employ a fast burst rate with an adequate buffer depth, and deliver high-quality video. The camera’s design must let you change all of the major settings quickly so that you don’t miss a single moment. The Nikon D750 meets all of these qualifications with aplomb.
Read the full article here: Camera of the Year: Nikon D750 | Popular Photography

Jim

I think it is a deserved winner. Looks like a fantastic camera.

I'm seriously considering switching to Nikon, mainly because of this camera. I still have a few months to decide, but at the moment this camera is leading the race.

Now if we can get Nikon to make an affordable 400mm f/5.6 (just say'en) yeah, yeah, I know, it's a 300 f/4 with a 1.4 TC.

Nice camera. The wifi feature must be pretty awesome, wonder why they don't offer that feature on Korean model.

Now if we can get Nikon to make an affordable 400mm f/5.6 (just say'en) yeah, yeah, I know, it's a 300 f/4 with a 1.4 TC.
you mean an affordable 400/3.5

Just reaffirm I made the right choice buying this camera!

Love my D750 :586:
I'm really not confident that you made the right decision.
You need to send me the d750 so that I can evaluate it and confirm your suspicions.
I should be able to have a quick turnaround, say 1 to 3 years. :newangel:

From everything I've heard about it, its well deserved. Next year I'm betting Sony takes it.

Most cars of the year seem to end up having loads of problems, lets see how many problems they have with it, it's not been out long enough to say its a great camera

Nikon has a Band ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back