Porcelain China

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Purified, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Purified

Purified TPF Noob!

I feel very awkward and nervous posting, but I need and am hoping for a small favor--that some of you would be so kind as to tell me which version you prefer. Even you if you don't like it at all, lol. I'm trying to portray a porcelain doll, but with a fashion/glamour twist. I think the version with the cracks portrays its frailty while the one without emphasizes its flawlessness. I need to choose one, but I like them both and am at a loss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you, Friends! I wait patiently.

Cheers,
    Kelly

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I prefer the second picture, but I cannot explain why... it is just better for me. And btw I think it is a great picture! Wonderful crop and colours and... what's most important... great topic!

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    For this model to be representing a porcellain doll, I prefer the one with the cracks. The other looks too human, despite the whiteness of her face.

Actually, though, I find that the model looks too human, anyway. Porcellain dolls have smaller mouths, mostly even more clearly defined than here, and most of all daintier noses. And I would suggest an eye make-up that makes the eyes rounder - that would meet my image of a vintage doll more...

4. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

i'm afraid i will be as much help as a headache...i like both of them equally well...
    think the make up is excellent,( and if you knew me, you would understand why i notice that first...) the photography is great, i think....
    and to me, she looks porcelain.....even though the cracks make her look old china doll-ish, i think its so much more attractive with out..her face is too pretty to mess up...but if i never looked at the one without, then the cracked one would have gotten my attention fast.....

see, told you i was no help....sorry...but i love them both...be proud of these shots, they are good!

5. photo gal

photo gal TPF Noob!

Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
    Man this is tough. I keep flipping between them and like them both for very different reasons but for what you are trying to portray I think I have to go with the first one! Btw you definitely have that fashion/glamour thing down!!!Very nice work!! : )

6. kelox

kelox TPF Noob!

Coming to you live from Planet MAXXUM, home of the
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    They are both great, but I think I like the first one just a little better.

7. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Makeup is amazing. But the 'cracks' in the first one..not good. Without is much better. You need more realistic cracks. It looks more like an old concrete statue than a porceline doll. I do like the concept, just the cracks you used aren't right IMO.

8. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

These are fabulous, but I must say that I like the second one a lot better. The idea behind the first is great, but the cracks look a little TOO fake, not to mention... unflattering. The second is absolute perfection, though.

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

From what I've seen of you (before you vanished for a short time) you've no need to be. Honestly.

I like the both, but much prefer the second. The cracks look ok, but they don't look genuine. There's something about them. It's kinda freaky for me actually.
    The second seems softer and more doll like to me.

Cracking photos. :thumbsup:

10. snownow

snownow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2, but both are great.

11. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the second one best too, although I like the idea of the first one better. I think I would fall in love with the first one if you sorted out the crack issue and made them a tad bit more real.
    Both are super good though, and I'd be proud to have done either photo.

12. Midnight Reign

Midnight Reign TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Both photos are great, but I prefer the one with the cracks.