Porcelain China

Purified

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
purified.smugmug.com
I feel very awkward and nervous posting, but I need and am hoping for a small favor--that some of you would be so kind as to tell me which version you prefer. Even you if you don't like it at all, lol. I'm trying to portray a porcelain doll, but with a fashion/glamour twist. I think the version with the cracks portrays its frailty while the one without emphasizes its flawlessness. I need to choose one, but I like them both and am at a loss.

27781992-M.jpg

27781995-M.jpg

Thank you, Friends! I wait patiently.

Cheers,
Kelly

I prefer the second picture, but I cannot explain why... it is just better for me. And btw I think it is a great picture! Wonderful crop and colours and... what's most important... great topic!

For this model to be representing a porcellain doll, I prefer the one with the cracks. The other looks too human, despite the whiteness of her face.

Actually, though, I find that the model looks too human, anyway. Porcellain dolls have smaller mouths, mostly even more clearly defined than here, and most of all daintier noses. And I would suggest an eye make-up that makes the eyes rounder - that would meet my image of a vintage doll more...

i'm afraid i will be as much help as a headache...i like both of them equally well...
think the make up is excellent,( and if you knew me, you would understand why i notice that first...) the photography is great, i think....
and to me, she looks porcelain.....even though the cracks make her look old china doll-ish, i think its so much more attractive with out..her face is too pretty to mess up...but if i never looked at the one without, then the cracked one would have gotten my attention fast.....

see, told you i was no help....sorry...but i love them both...be proud of these shots, they are good!

Man this is tough. I keep flipping between them and like them both for very different reasons but for what you are trying to portray I think I have to go with the first one! Btw you definitely have that fashion/glamour thing down!!!Very nice work!! : )

Makeup is amazing. But the 'cracks' in the first one..not good. Without is much better. You need more realistic cracks. It looks more like an old concrete statue than a porceline doll. I do like the concept, just the cracks you used aren't right IMO.

These are fabulous, but I must say that I like the second one a lot better. The idea behind the first is great, but the cracks look a little TOO fake, not to mention... unflattering. The second is absolute perfection, though.

I feel very awkward and nervous posting
From what I've seen of you (before you vanished for a short time) you've no need to be. Honestly.

I like the both, but much prefer the second. The cracks look ok, but they don't look genuine. There's something about them. It's kinda freaky for me actually.
The second seems softer and more doll like to me.

Cracking photos. :thumbsup:

I like the second one best too, although I like the idea of the first one better. I think I would fall in love with the first one if you sorted out the crack issue and made them a tad bit more real.
Both are super good though, and I'd be proud to have done either photo.

Both photos are great, but I prefer the one with the cracks.

Most reactions

Back