Portable Lighting Recommendations?

bradracino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I am in need of a portable lighting system (2 strobes and a battery) for a shoot next month in an abandoned hotel. I have no idea what to buy as far as batteries go. It needs to supply power to the two strobes and be completely portable.. but everything I've looked at is in the thousands of dollars. Are there any batteries that are reasonably priced that anyone knows about?

If all you need is 200w/s then look into a pair of Metz CT 60s.But they're closer to 300w/s.

The CT-1s are less expensive and older. They also have less manual control but like all flashes can be moved forward and back or use a diffusion panel for controling the amount of output. The Auto function works very well however so depending how you use them the manual controls might not be that important.

The CT-4 Has more manual control and is more expensive.

Both will do about 160-170 full dumps on a fresh battery. (don't point them at low flying aircraft! ;))You can easily hook up disposable batteries for extended power.

They will shoot all night at normal range.

These, a pair of stands and umbrellas and some reflectors/flags and you should be good to go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back