portable PS free?

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok I am aware PS is an expensive package...I have found a website called mediafire which has a download for CS4 portable.....??? It downloads files and then uses winrar to extract them. Is this legit and has anyone used it? The total file size is 266 mb. is this some rubbish free version of CS4?

You can download free trials of all Adobe software from Adobe.com.

I'm not sure what CS4 'portable' is. Is that for blackberrys?

No i dont think so and its not a free trial, it appears like PS normal but i have no exeriece of PS so perhaps it has limitations. as i said all the files amount to 266kb???would PS normally be significantly more than that?

Mediafire ist on of those data hosters which allows anyone to upload content, is it not checked for copyright infringements, etc. So, most of the stuff on these sites is illegal content and probably even comes with serials and cracks and all that stuff. Adobe is certainly not sending you a gift, and you should be careful with that stuff.

Adobe has never released a "Photoshop Portable" of any software suite. I searched some file sharing websites and they all have it listed, but it is only available there and through torrents.

I would not recommend using this, probably a gimmick to infect your computer with spyware or virii. I searched Adobe's website and have found nothing on a portable version of photoshop.

Adobe has never released a "Photoshop Portable" of any software suite. I searched some file sharing websites and they all have it listed, but it is only available there and through torrents.

I would not recommend using this, probably a gimmick to infect your computer with spyware or virii. I searched Adobe's website and have found nothing on a portable version of photoshop.

Lol. Virii.

No Portable Photoshop isn't an Adobe packaged program. And no it is not Spyware or loaded with viruses (anymore than anything else is on the internet). It is simply a repackage of the complete PS system meant to be booted on the go. I've used it, but it is slightly slow on these computers at work.

so is the fact that its free illegal? or is it just limited in use?

According to what I have found and read so far, it has the same functionality of Large scale photoshop versions, just it is compressed and doesn't require installation to your machine.

I'm not so sure I would mess with it. I know if I were adobe, I would be watching these like a hawk. There is no way they are licensed to be handing these portable versions out for fee. In fact, if I were Shantanu Narayen, I would be watching these closer than I would be watching full pirated versions of the program.

Photoshop and the rest of Adobe's Creative Suites are among the top five most pirated software suites in the world. Play with it if you want, I will keep myself on the legal side.

Hackers use the term "virii" as the plural version of "computer virus." Don't believe me, look it up. I used to hack when I was back in high school.

Hence the. . .ah nevermind.

It's not limited. The only complications I've ever had from using it were related to file-path errors. Other than that its a full copy of PS. As to its legality, no it is not a legal distribution of Photoshop. And no, Adobe isn't going to come knocking on your door (this presumes that website even logs IP's). Whether you use it or not is entirely up to your "ethical" standards.

So its like downloading MP3s Fom Limewire? very unethical in my opinion! I wish id never started the thread! lol

I see no problem, they dramatically over price the software to account for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back