Portaits at night

have they seen the photo/s yet? what do THEY think? its a shame that you werent given better conditions, but seriously, how else WOULD you shoot in darkness without it looking that way?

A good photographer can make do with what he has.... and obviously that is something you still have yet to learn.

is this something personal you have against him?

Yes they were very happy with them. This was by far not one of the best shots, but they liked it anyway so go figure. This was the one with the worst conditions though.

Koda I did the best I could with my equipment, and they liked it, no need to learn a lesson here. Job well done and one of them asked me back a few weeks later for some different photos.
If you don't like the picture go look at some of the 50 billion others on the internet instead of wasting your life in this thread talking ****.

I'm not sure if you know, but this is the PROFESSIONAL portrait & wedding gallery...... not ameture

Well, the opposite of this comment is : "Great shot! I really like it."

Both are equally problematic, since both need to be followed up with an extensive and detailed critique as to what is "amateur" in the first case and what is "great" in the second case.

That is the only way that everyone learns.

skieur

... What the. Why won't this thread die? It's beginning to feel like failed suicide here. I haven't even seen koda-46 post here in quite a few months.

Skieur come back to the future!

... What the. Why won't this thread die? It's beginning to feel like failed suicide here. I haven't even seen koda-46 post here in quite a few months.

Skieur come back to the future!

Perhaps everyone should realize that a comment positive or negative related to a photo, BOTH demand specific follow-up critique dealing with either compostion or technique. If vague negative and vague positive statements are both valueless in terms of learning, WHY are only the negative statements attacked by posters and some moderators?

skieur

Is the OP still around. I really would like to offer a suggestion, should this situation come up again. Next time, why not use a flashlight to check your pose, arranging the girls and then shooting. :)

I am amazed the girls sat down in the dirt just before a formal event .. this could end in a nightmare if the neighbours dog ... ;)

Most reactions

Back