Portfolio formats

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by photong, Jan 3, 2005.

1. photong

photong Typo Queen

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Long story short, do you think it would be ok to send a portfolio on a CD? My boyfriend was taught not to do that because the business may not have a computer or the program you use. And people like to see prints infront of them (I agree).

I tried to get some prints (cheap ones, not from a lab) but they turned out like crap prolly because I didn't put the file in CMYK or Index or whatever (it was in RGB). So now I'm discouraged.

I could get some actual 4x6 prints but I kow this will be too small. 5x7s are 2 or 3$ each, and I would like to send them away to various people so they will prolly be thrown out afterwards by those people. So that's a waste of money.

What do you think? Try putting the image in a CMYK type, or use 4x6s? Or what do you think about the CD option?

They're going to professional photographers. I know sending them out prolly isn't the best idea because going in person would be much better. But I don't have $200 for a train ticket and more for a hotel and transportation. I could make an online porfolio...but...that may not even be a good idea. I would think a CD might be better. I'm so lost :(

2. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think a cd would be fine, because almost all photographers need a computer...but have one portfolio which are pictures so that you can show people closer to you :)