Portfolio Site.

I know I'm new so I don't want to start any problems, but a few things you could take into account is make the website flow, add different levels of color, if you like the black theme then maybe just add a few shades of gray, also like others have said instead of just a picture for your homepage maybe write a little about yourself of a few of your most recent images, On a website designer perspective, read up on making your website comply with the W3C standards, this ensures that everyone can view your site without problems, I noticed you're missing a few things in your HTML code, but it's a good first attempt to say you have taught yourself.

hmm seeing as im no pro at this coding haha, can anyone help me out on how id make it work for everyone?
so the sites in 1024x768.
pretty sure you can just get my code through viewing the page source.

and im gunna redo the front page with recent photos.

pretty nice and simple design, i appreciate that, also the time it takes to code and write your own web site, did a web design class last year and it was easy but tedious. Also one other thing that i think could change is the fact that you have the first letter of every word a different color; kinda drives me nuts. Anyway overall its nice, good strong contrast w/ the colors, rearrange the photo organization a bit too, i like the overall design though

I think the font is too small to read, but I'm old!

If you want to be found in search engines, you need a better title 'tag' then <title>whitelightphoto.tk</title>. You also need a better 'description' tag, especially since you have no text on your home page. Think about how people will search for you. Putting your location, some of your specialties and probably the word 'Photographer' would be a good start. Putting a short bio on your description tag and even your home page will help with your SEO.

Alright, So I've tried to update my site with all the help and input i've recieved on here.
If you all could give my site another once over, and tell me what you think, that would be great!

http://www.trevor-roberts.com

(Im still working on buying a domain name, and finding a new host, so bare with me on that part haha)

Last edited:
Decent looking site. You need to be a bit more selective with the photos you choose (considering its your portfolio). If I were you I would scrap the entire "People" section. Wait until you have a decent collection of people or lifestyle images then post them. The skateboarding shots are good, snowboard ones are alright. But this isn't a photo critique haha. Sorry, great looking site though.

edit: didnt see the second page of the People page, much better haha.

Last edited:
Man great built site and great skills. You are on your way man. Keep up the good work bro!

Thanks a lot!

I think it's looking pretty good for just an amateur.
I've updated the gallery a bit, and added 2 new sections.
Re-sized the images, hopefully they fit everyone's screen better, and load a bit faster.

You have absolutely NO text on your home page. Google will never find you.

Thats why i used META description and keywords.

Sorry, but most search engines don't use metadata keywords anymore. The description can help, but the best way to be found is by using a good title tag and have actual content...TEXT.

Good luck....

You have absolutely NO text on your home page. Google will never find you.

Thats why i used META description and keywords.

Sorry, but most search engines don't use metadata keywords anymore. The description can help, but the best way to be found is by using a good title tag and have actual content...TEXT.

Good luck....

That's alright, I'm not trying to have people find me through google anyway.
This is just for me to hand out to people and use for school.

This isn't like a professional business here, when I decide to take it to that level, The site will be totally revamped.

That's alright, I'm not trying to have people find me through google anyway.
This is just for me to hand out to people and use for school.

This isn't like a professional business here, when I decide to take it to that level, The site will be totally revamped.

In that case, have fun with it! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back