Portfolio Site.

I'm not real familiar with 'Frameset', but it looks like you coded it wrong:

<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://www.whitelightphoto.webs.com/" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>

I'm thinking it should be:

<frame src="http://www.whitelightphoto.webs.com/" frameborder="0" noresize="noresize" />
</frameset>

updated link.
www.trevor-roberts.com

still trying to figure out how to code my page so that it will automatically resize to the resolution your using.

I'm using a 1024 x 768 monitor and it looks fine (size wise) to me.

well thats a good sign haha.

I'm not real familiar with 'Frameset', but it looks like you coded it wrong:

</frameset>

I'm thinking it should be:

<frame src="http://www.whitelightphoto.webs.com/" frameborder="0" noresize="noresize" />
</frameset>

hmmm.. not quite sure where you got that code from.. but i don't have anything like that in mine.
Im not using frameset, im using divs.

hmmm.. not quite sure where you got that code from.. but i don't have anything like that in mine.
Im not using frameset, im using divs.

Your source code for your home page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>

<head>
<title>Trevor Roberts Photography & Design - You picture it, I take it. </title>
<META name="description" content="Trevor Roberts official portfolio site hosting examples of my photography and graphic/web design."><META name="keywords" content="photographer, photography, london, ontario, canada, skateboarding, rollerblading, nature, black and white, canon, nikon, portfolio, freelance, lifestyle, fisheye, action sports, extreme sports, aggressive inline">
</head>
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 06 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

Ohhh, that's not my actual homepage code.
That's just the code for my domain redirect haha.

Ah, I see now. You designed your site using 'http://www.whitelightphoto.webs.com' then they use a frameset through a redirect to your domain 'www.trevor-roberts.com'.

I can't claim to be much of a web designer, though I know HTML and CSS, but I'm currently in school for Graphic Design and right off the bat, the cyan border around the photos on the index page is a huge distraction. Generally, as a rule of thumb, photos should be bordered in either black or white.
The heading at the top with your name in it also does not need the outer glow layer effect.
As for the photos, I'd suggest a different thumbnail view. The zoomed in detail is fine, but the thumbnails don't give the viewer much to base on the photos.

Great start though - I like that you included a video section.

I can't claim to be much of a web designer, though I know HTML and CSS, but I'm currently in school for Graphic Design and right off the bat, the cyan border around the photos on the index page is a huge distraction. Generally, as a rule of thumb, photos should be bordered in either black or white.
The heading at the top with your name in it also does not need the outer glow layer effect.
As for the photos, I'd suggest a different thumbnail view. The zoomed in detail is fine, but the thumbnails don't give the viewer much to base on the photos.

yeah, i plan to change the main image. I want to put up a flash style one, that will fade between a folder with photos i want it to show, but im not too sure on how to go about doing that.
so if you could help possibly, that would be sweet.

as for the header, im currently playing around trying different things out.

What are you trying to do with your website? Do you want it to be found by search engines? If so, you may want to skip the flash, as search engines don't read flash websites like they do classic coding. My suggestion would be to integrate both, so the search bots will see the regular code but you will get the visual effect you want with the flash.

What are you trying to do with your website? Do you want it to be found by search engines? If so, you may want to skip the flash, as search engines don't read flash websites like they do classic coding. My suggestion would be to integrate both, so the search bots will see the regular code but you will get the visual effect you want with the flash.

like, i don't want my whole site flash haha.
you know my main image, i just want it to cycle through a few different images, fading in and out you know.
This way its not the same old image everytime

Ok, So I believe I figured out how to do what I was trying to explain.
Check it out again, as for the title header, im still working on it.

Thanks again!!

Wow, you're hawt. A/S/L lolol.

Wow, you're hawt. A/S/L lolol.

this isn't a dating service.
keep it to the pm's

on another note, I revamped the header, and the thumbnails in the gallery to look a lot more clean and organized.

on another note, I revamped the header, and the thumbnails in the gallery to look a lot more clean and organized.

It took over 30 seconds to load the slideshow. Way too slow.

really? you either have a slow computer.

or i need to find a way to make it faster.
unless someone can help me out here and if i send you the images make me a flash file. (because i dont own flash)

I've deicided I may just kind of redo the front page, and add some text. and make the main image smaller, and just make it a "Image of the week" kind of deal.
(havent done this... not sure if its a good idea or not)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back