Portfolio/thoughts

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would love to hear some overall critique on my portfolio. I have been preparing it for several weeks to submit it for a "portfolio review", where I will be scored on several different categories. I still need to cut one image!

portfolio

Last edited:
I'd cut one of the photos of your daughter with the deer - they are practically the same. I love your editing (I know I've said it before but just to remind you lol).

Hmmm...

Is there some reason why your portfolio contains so many images?

I see many excellent photographs, but several that could be cut. I don't mean to imply that those are not "keepers", but I think a portfolio should be short and sweet.

I would love to hear some overall critique on my portfolio. I have been preparing it for several weeks to submit it for a "portfolio review", where I will be scored on several different categories. I still need to cut one image!

PRO-portfolio app - a set on Flickr

I was wondering if you were going to be applying anytime soon.. Your work is beautiful. I really like the birth photos!! :heart: Are you in a pro prep group? Did you feel that helped significantly?

Hmmm...

Is there some reason why your portfolio contains so many images?

I see many excellent photographs, but several that could be cut. I don't mean to imply that those are not "keepers", but I think a portfolio should be short and sweet.

the requirement is 150

PRO-portfolio app - a set on Flickr

I was wondering if you were going to be applying anytime soon.. Your work is beautiful. I really like the birth photos!! :heart: Are you in a pro prep group? Did you feel that helped significantly?

Thank you :heart: Yes I am in a prep group...SO much help!!

What is this a portfolio for? 150 images is HUGE for a portfolio, and there seem to a wide variety of subjects, treatments and styles in the group.

The requirement is 150 images.
I got that... ;) But to whom are you submitting this portfolio? I assume it's not PPA...

Oh sorry :blushing: This is to be a recolonized PRO member of clickinmoms

Here is what I am scored on (4 points possible in each category. 32 min to be accepted)

• The Exposure Triangle
  • Color and White Balance
  • Use of Light
  • Composition and Posing
  • Processing Cohesion and Polish
  • Technical (focus, DOF, etc)
  • Creativity, Expression and Intention

Okay.. brutally honest critique: I went through all three pages and out of all of those images these: "Day83/365", "6W2A1469-EDIT", 6W2A6223-EDIT", 6W2A0140", and "Day29/365" are the only ones that IMO are truly worthy of being juried. There's lots of nice-enough pictures in the collection, but the overall look and feel to me is that you went through your whole body of work and started pulling out images that either (1) you liked because of a personal connection, or (2) you thought were 'good enough'. There are many images, which, while I'm sure they record meaningful personal moments, are not what I would think of as 'professional' images; lots of minor compositional errors, a number of your monochromes are very mid-tone rich, and there are a number that IMO have serious exposure issues.

Generally speaking, an application type portfolio is something that you put together by shooting specifically for it, NOT something you assemble by going through your image bank and going "That will do". That said, from what I can see on their website, the bar doesn't appear to be set very high, but from what I recall of your posting, many of the images in this collection are not of the standard I know you are capable of.

Most reactions

Back