Portfolio

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by wreckless_saboteur, Jan 12, 2007.

1. wreckless_saboteur

wreckless_saboteur TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi all,

My portfolio consists of 50-80 of my best photos in a nice-looking photo album. It's nothing special, but looks nice. My question is, what does everyone else use for a portfolio? I seem some use Asuka Book, but I don't know if I should go this route or if others have better suggestions.

I appreciate any suggestions!

2. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It really matters your style, but I adore the slightly modern 'funky' portfoli look of Pina Zangaro cases.

3. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

I think the format depends on who you are presenting it to. One thing I think would be very important is that you are able to constantly update your work. I looked a the AsukaBook and it seems that would be nice for weddings and the like but the problem would be if you spend all the money to get a book made and then shoot your best wedding tomorrow or have a killer image you think would be great to present to someone what do you do? get a new book made?.

4. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use Itoya books. They aren't fancy, but it's easy to replace the photos, and durable for toting around to coffee shops and restaurants.

5. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Based on KsMattfish's suggestion in a previous post on this subject I went and got an Itoya book in a pretty large size and have been showing 8x10 prints and larger in it. I like it because I know that as I get better and have more to show I can easily switch the pictures around and add or delete them as I go.