Portland Headlight Pano - Cropping help

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this series of images some time ago and was considering framing it as a 10x30. I have a better version on my other computer that has a couple more shots of the water on the left side which is cropped out here, and also is better edited as far as stitch lines and general color. If you were cropping this to a 10x30, would you have less of the mountain and more water or more like it is now?

portlandPanorama.jpg

Yes, I'm with Lyncca on this: also I would leave it like it is. I feel that the headland is your subject, more so than the sea. So there ... that's why ;).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Better with a tighter crop? I played with a bit and must agree that including more water makes it boring. I'm still not sure I like what I did here. It's too centered I think?

pano2web-1.jpg

This is a VERY tight crop now... brightness is somewhat more pleasing, this newer version looks more detailed, but the cropping in the first seems to be better.

I agree- first version hands down. In the second, you barely have any water plus the right hand edge of the crop didn't exclude that one tree/shrub. Mostly I don't like the foreground getting cut off.

1st version for me too.
Nice.
Craig.:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back