Portrai of daughter

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Johnboy2978, May 31, 2010.

1. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've been taking monthly portraits of my daughter and thinking of maybe doing a calendar as a gift for the grandparents for Christmas. This one is from this month. What do you all think? C&C appreciated. I've been working more on my lighting lately now that I have a good light meter. I know the positioning of the key light is a little off which makes the placement of the catchlights a little off. Ideally, they should be around 1 o'clock, no?

[​IMG]

2. Johnboy2978

Photos OK to edit
    Man. It's sure getting tough to get any kind of comments around this site any more. What's up w/ that? Good or bad, no one has an opinion?

3. lisa_13

lisa_13 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i love the lightness of this, and her expression is adorable! the catchlights don't bother me. i think a calendar is a great idea too. post more next month!

4. Johnboy2978

Photos OK to edit
    Lisa, thanks for taking the time to bother commenting. She's turning out to be a good model though I had my doubts a couple of years ago. What do you think of the lighting? I don't use high key much.

Anyone else?

5. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The trend seems to be that you either get nothing or a bunch of sheep who just tell you nice job. Eh... the forum has its ups and downs.

I do like the image. I'm usually not fond of high key stuff, but this really works.

I honestly dont mind the position of the catch lights in her eyes. They are still visible, and while getting them a bit more to the side would be good, I find they work in the image.

I just love the gap in her teeth and that huge smile. This is definately a keeper and would be a great addition to the calendar.

Not much else to say really...light is nice, black white conversion is well done, the image is sharp, framing is nice. If I were to nit pick, I'd say the bottom left of the frame is a tad too bright, even for high key.

6. ifi

ifi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Some times a "nice job" gives a bump to thread so it can get attention of experts like yourself.

Anyways, I did like the photo, Nice job :thumbup:

7. supraman215

supraman215 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This is why I need a 2 light strobist kit! I only take pics of my daughter and I want to take ones like this.