amkphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi ya'll!

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this, if not I am sorry. Anyway, I am doing a newborn shoot on Sunday and it'll be my first newborn shoot. I am excited but kind of nervous. Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for me?

This shoot will be at the people's house. She wants both her boys, the older one and the newborn, in some of the photos. I know I want to get some of her and the boys, and if her husband is there I want him in some too. But I am not sure about posing and all that kind of stuff.

I have only one lens right now, a Tamron 28-80mm, two clamp lights with soft white 60-watt bulbs, a 5-in-1 reflector, and a tripod. My equipment is kind of limited as of right now.

Thanks for the help!

- Andrea

Best advice is to jump in the professional gallery subforum and just look at every thread with newborns. There's loads of them to give you some ideas of what kind of poses.

One classics though, the newborn's hand compared to the parents or brothers.

Take (or borrow mom's) towels to put under whatever fabric you are putting baby on. They pee (and poo) a LOT. Some people will suggest a Boppy under your fabric to position baby or a beanbag for a newborn.

If you can open their blinds and get some natural light you may be fine with just that, so I'd schedule for bright morning light. It will also be when the sibs are least cranky.

Some of the nicest baby/sib photos I have seen were on mom and dad's bed with plain white sheets.

Take stickers or other small bribes for the older ones, if you really want to win them over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back