Portrait Attempt Rd 2.

Shibby!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some of you may or may not remember my recently posted picture of An here:

1)
1editjpeg.jpg

That was pictured with a 10 min shoot without a whole lot of effort. Well, today we got out again for some quick shoots and we were slightly more productive.

Here is what we came up with. I like that quite a few pictures turned out decent, and these are only some that I edited. Also my first pictures with the new 40D! I kept the editing to a minimum because I think people didn't favour that in the picture above when I posted it.

Please see below and offer any CC. I'm trying to pay attention to cropping, but I know some parts are close or half cut off.

2)
jpg01-7.jpg

3)
jpg02-8.jpg

4)
jpg03-8.jpg

5)
jpg05-6.jpg

6)
jpg06-6.jpg

7)
jpg07-6.jpg

8)
jpg08-4.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

They're all quite nice but for me number 4 works the best.

It looks the most natural and personable.

It gets a little blown in places but overall it's my fave from the set.

They're all quite nice but for me number 4 works the best.

It looks the most natural and personable.

It gets a little blown in places but overall it's my fave from the set.

Thanks.

Yea, I went for the blown out rear sky as I spot metered on her body/face. went manual and adjusted, then panned down and shot with a guestimate on the flash power.

Other then that, the flash was indeed too close (or powered too high). It was just a quick shot that she wanted and I thought it turned out well.

I was "trying" to use rim flash on the others, but I don't think my flash was firing. The range on my e-bay triggers is quite terrible even after the attenna mod.

i had a feeling that's what you had done with the sky. :thumbup:

wow - the first pictures...... amazing angle

Most reactions

Back