Portrait / fasion

TokZik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and the missus had a little together tima taking some photos..for her and myself

fran1.jpg

fran2.jpg

3. this one is not so good, took me quite a bit to get it to look how it does... but i like it all the same.
fran3.jpg

Last edited:
I love that first one! The lines and shapes are just fantastic! I might have slid the couch over a little towards the left of the frame so that you could have had her on the left third and the vertical lines of the windows? on the right third creating a juxtaposition between her organic lines and shapes and the inorganic linear shape of windows. Even so, the triangle that her head and feet make, the pentagon that her arms and shoulders make are all wonderful with the other lines and shapes of the background. Plus, using those windows as kicker light with the keylight coming in from camera left makes for a great lighting set-up! Nailed the exposure, too.

The second and third ones don't do as much for me. The second one I wish there were more negative space in front of her face. Also, because the upper edge of the frame is cutting off part of the top of the head, I'd like to see that balanced by having the right edge of the frame cut off part of the back of her head... but that would end up cutting off part of her hand, which I really like where it is.

The light in the third one is straight on and kind of... flat... There are no shadows giving depth to her face and features and you're getting a bit shine that's distracting to me.

thanks for the comments im very very happy myself with pic 1 i think the exposure was more of a fluke than anything :lol: i got 3 similar pics at different exposures and this came up tops.

but out of the 68pic i took i wasnt happy with many :S
I hope that practice will create improvement eventually.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back