TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.antonimation.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi everyone! I was curious to hear your opinions about this photograph:

Para_1.jpg

I've altered it quite a bit in photoshop to achieve this look (which I like very much). I'd love to hear what you think of composition, cropping, colors, overall feel of it, etc. Thanks very much!

Anton

Sorry about a small size. If you'd like, I'll post a larger version of it

To me it has a blue tint to it, and it is alittle soft for "me"

But that is just my 2 cents...

I think that you have a good idea here, the romantic soft focus, but unfortunately the right kind of soft focus is difficult to achieve. Rather than soft focus I recommend using a soft filter or a promist filter, the look is different, relatively sharp but with diffused highlights. Also if you are going to do soft focus, make sure to focus just short of the subject instead of past the subject. Know what I'm saying? To do this you would focus on the subject, then pull the lens back very slightly. It's very touchy, the difference between soft focus and out of focus.
Also I would like to see the image cropped closer around the two figures, and the top cropped off, moving their heads up in the image. I like the cool cast to it, I would leave that as is. I'd also prefer to see more light around the eye area.

Thanks for comments!

Nikon90s: I actually like the blue tint (I did it on purpose). Same as the softness of the image. I've seen an old black and white photograph that was later hand painted and the colors looked very close to what I've recreated. That, basically, was the look I tried to achieve.

Omalley: thanks very much for the tip regarding the soft focus. Unfortunately, I dont have those filters (yet), so I try to achieve all these effects using different methods. But I will definately try out your suggestion to focus in front of a subject! :)

it is too soft and kind of distracting that they are looking away from the camera

i agree about the slight green tint to it, and i would have applied a soft glow around the subject in ps, but the overall composition and exposure are good.

I really don't mind the tint or focus but the shadows make both of them look pretty harsh. If a fill light such as flash or reflective light where used, I think the soft focus would be more effective and the look of the people would be more pleasing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back