Portrait my "second try" ... your comments please :)

Abdullah AlFedalh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's My second try on portraits !
I hope you like it ,
Can you please tell me how can I improve my self next time ..

;)

your head looks like a big black square. while i like the idea, i think it could be executed a little better. i cant see where your hair/head stop and the background begins.

i like the idea of "merging" back of the head with the background - shows, at least to me, creative lighting technique however, in the pic you posted nose - breaks the left-cheek line - it doesn't look good - either turn the face more towards the camera to something like 2/3 view OR go for full profile.

i like the idea of "merging" back of the head with the background

me too. but the nose extending beyond the cheek looks fine to me. the only revision i can propose is: crop 10-15% of the darkness from the top of the picture. for me it extends a little too far.

I agree too, that the nose breaking the cheek in this instance is okay--it looks like a photo shot by the light of a fire, and I like the second,far eye being included. I would crop off more of the left, and a lot more off of the top; there's simply too much negative top space for my taste. I do like that orange-ish fire light colored lighting,and the expression pairs well with that of a fire outdoors at night, looking down at the fire...it's a human condition classic.

Yes ..
Most people told me ,,
I should crop 15% of the upper part ..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back