Portrait of a friend

paraddox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20081109230834_20080913_0980%20copy%20small.jpg

she's a friend of mine who wanted a couple of shots to show of to her friends at the UNI :p

i hope the PS editing doesn't show to much cause i'm just starting to learn how to use it properly

Wow,

Great work.

How are you finding the 40D by the way, Im looking into 40D's and 50D's

How are you finding the 40D by the way, Im looking into 40D's and 50D's

thanks. the 40D is great but the LCD is way to soft... i'm always shaking my pants off because i don't know if got the focus right or not.

if you can spare the difference in money i'd suggest you get the 50D. i got my hands on one of those for about an hour and i'd say it really is 40D+10 :)

I like the lines she is creating with her legs and torso. The umbrella is a very nice touch.

A couple of things worth noting IMO are:
- You have cut off a few of her toes.
- You have a picture frame running through her head.
- The box on the wall and the chair (?) on the right add nothing and are a bit distracting.
- I would have moved the model further right in the frame and positioned the horns to the right and omitted the dark space on the left.

Nicely exposed.

I like the lines she is creating with her legs and torso. The umbrella is a very nice touch.

- The box on the wall and the chair (?) on the right add nothing and are a bit distracting.
- I would have moved the model further right in the frame and positioned the horns to the right and omitted the dark space on the left.

Nicely exposed.

Now I hope to give C&C like that one day! :thumbup::lol:

I like this concept a lot but the shot doesn't work for me.

It's soft...
The ethereal look with your post processing is not befitting to this shot
There is way too much in the background that is distracting off the focus on the subject.

If you want to send me the original I can play with it

I like the picture, however for me personally, I would like to see more of a crop on the left side. The picture seems a bit out of focus to me too.
the out of focus look is actually a PS soft focus filter...i wanted to give it a dreamy look

i don't really like square images so i could not crop anymore of the image... even though i don't like the black space on the left also

Nicely exposed.

unfortunately for me my lights are 2 small flashes that are triggered by my on camera flash...and they don't really get triggered unless the flash hits exactly their sensors so i usually have to shoot 4-5 shots to get them to fire.... so i sometime lose my original composition

and the things on the wall were bolted on and i could not remove them...:p
but i agree with all you have said :)

I like this concept a lot but the shot doesn't work for me.

It's soft...
The ethereal look with your post processing is not befitting to this shot
There is way too much in the background that is distracting off the focus on the subject.

If you want to send me the original I can play with it

the soft focus effect was added by me to make a dreamy atmosphere... i guess it's a matter of personal taste

unfortunately I don't have access to my computer for a while and all i have are the images on my website...but maybe when i get back home i'll send it to you...

Most reactions

Back