Portrait of a Pig

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Taralyn Romero, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Taralyn Romero

Taralyn Romero TPF Noob!

My first and last attempt at using a dark room:​

[​IMG]

To the MODs: If this is in the wrong area, please feel free to move! Thanks!

2. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

He looks like he is about to attack you! didnt he like having his photo taken? :)

I take from your comments you didnt have a pleasurable time in the darkroom then?

3. Taralyn Romero

Taralyn Romero TPF Noob!

Nope! Ha-ha! Apparently I only have patience for the world of digital and Wolf Camera online printing :)

4. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

From the grain, this must have been overexposed... a bunch! What film/chemistry did you use?

-Pete

5. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It dose look a little overexposed and grainy, but also seem to work well for subject, it my not be your typical portrait subject but it is a portrait:lmao:

6. JeLeAk

JeLeAk TPF Noob!

i think the grain adds to it, there really isnt anything other to look at besides its face, even tho i try to look eleswhere i am constantly drawn back to its mug

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it, too! I am curious as to the chemistry/developing as well.

There IS a lot of grain, but for this subject....? :lol: He's a dirty fat piggy! The grain does nothing but enhance that feel. It works great for this image, and I like the close crop, though I'd like to see both eyes.

Hi Taralynn, if I were you I'd pursue the darkroom work - you ended up with a really good image here. :thumbup:

Welcome to TPF!

8. Taralyn Romero

Taralyn Romero TPF Noob!

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments everyone! Happy to hear I didn't completely butcher the whole thing.

Unfortunately, and I hate to dissapoint, but I have NO CLUE as to what I did in that darkroom, or what chemicals were used... :confused: I gave into peer pressure and followed a friend (who is actually taking a photography class) into her university's darkroom, played around with whatever directions and filters she gave me and frustrated the heck out of myself for quite a while before accepting that this was as good as it was gonna get. It is quite grainy, I agree. I think some of that might be from the scanning process but most of it is probably from just sheer inexperience.:lol:

Overall, the whole experience was wild for me as I never knew how the whole development process went about - I doubt I'll be going back though.... I wasted entirely too much of that expensive photo paper - yikes!