Portrait of a Pig

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My first and last attempt at using a dark room:​

PortraitofaPigFRAMED.jpg

To the MODs: If this is in the wrong area, please feel free to move! Thanks!

He looks like he is about to attack you! didnt he like having his photo taken? :)

I take from your comments you didnt have a pleasurable time in the darkroom then?

Nope! Ha-ha! Apparently I only have patience for the world of digital and Wolf Camera online printing :)

It dose look a little overexposed and grainy, but also seem to work well for subject, it my not be your typical portrait subject but it is a portrait:lmao:

i think the grain adds to it, there really isnt anything other to look at besides its face, even tho i try to look eleswhere i am constantly drawn back to its mug

I like it, too! I am curious as to the chemistry/developing as well.

There IS a lot of grain, but for this subject....? :lol: He's a dirty fat piggy! The grain does nothing but enhance that feel. It works great for this image, and I like the close crop, though I'd like to see both eyes.

Hi Taralynn, if I were you I'd pursue the darkroom work - you ended up with a really good image here. :thumbup:

Welcome to TPF!

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments everyone! Happy to hear I didn't completely butcher the whole thing.

Unfortunately, and I hate to dissapoint, but I have NO CLUE as to what I did in that darkroom, or what chemicals were used... :confused: I gave into peer pressure and followed a friend (who is actually taking a photography class) into her university's darkroom, played around with whatever directions and filters she gave me and frustrated the heck out of myself for quite a while before accepting that this was as good as it was gonna get. It is quite grainy, I agree. I think some of that might be from the scanning process but most of it is probably from just sheer inexperience.:lol:

Overall, the whole experience was wild for me as I never knew how the whole development process went about - I doubt I'll be going back though.... I wasted entirely too much of that expensive photo paper - yikes!

Most reactions

Back