Portrait of a Wasp

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Clearing out a wasp nest that got built in a small bbq I got stung about 25 times. That gave me an idea to catch one and make it sit for a portrait.

Last edited:
Aw. He blinked! :lol:

He's cute! Need to soften up that light some though.. get that glare gone! ;) Did you see any of my Yellow Jacket shots?

(P.S. Glad you are still here! ;) Gotta stop telling the truth, bro! )

Last edited:
Wow... love the detail on that. But I agree with cgipson the light is a bit harsh.

Oh.. and btw, OUCH! I can empathize with you! Those suckers hurt! :)

If I got stung that many times, I'd be in a hospital lol.

Well my right hand is pretty swollen. It took the brunt of those suckers. Odd kind of pain. Not hurting kind, but tingly itchy kind. I wouldnt want to get them all over my body at the same time. I can just imagine how the killer bees would feel.
By the way, the only light source was indirect light through the window beside me.

Well my right hand is pretty swollen. It took the brunt of those suckers. Odd kind of pain. Not hurting kind, but tingly itchy kind. I wouldnt want to get them all over my body at the same time. I can just imagine how the killer bees would feel.
By the way, the only light source was indirect light through the window beside me.

Really.. wow, shiny little sucker!

So tell us, Bynx, did use photoshop to do this, or did you find stacking software that makes it easier?

Great shot Bynx. Sounds like you paid the price. I'd try this shot with a deeper black point. All the blacks are registering gray to my eyes.

Barbarian, this is 20 shots focus stacked with Helicon Focus.'
Rotanimod, I have another final I did after posting this which is a tad better, but not worth reposting. There is so much detail in the hair and antenna that gets lost when I push it any further.

This woulda been my take on it:

$2s0o8oy.jpg

Most reactions

Back