Portrait of my better half :)

DaveAndHolly219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
BOKEHH!.jpg

Hey Dave, not sure if you are wanting c&c on this one but there are a few things that stand out to me.

1) The posing isn't flattering for a lady. You want the shoulders to be turned and not square to the camera.

2) The eyes have too much white on one side and none on the other. This is typically something to avoid.

3) The third thing is the "fly away" hair. She may very well be pulling that with her hand but you cannot tell that.

4) The lighting is a little hard but really isn't too bad to me. Maybe just move it a little closer to her.

With all of that being said, I will say that I do like the background and the bokeh that you have there.

Agree with ronlane the hard right glance isn't an appealing pose and the hair looks more "pull away" than "fly away" but you certainly have a lovely model.

With all of that being said, I will say that I do like the background and the bokeh that you have there.

If someone says they like the background in a photo of mine, it goes straight to the waste bin.

Take the other advice upon reshoot.

p!nK

If someone says they like the background in a photo of mine, it goes straight to the waste bin.
Why? Logically speaking, a bad background is what tends to ruin a shot, not a good background, and in most cases a good background is necessary to tie an image together. I would much rather have someone point out that they like the background rather than they dislike it.

Last edited:
@ronlane hit the nail on the head.

Its a good start though and the shot is clean and crisp, with some adjustments I think you could have a really cool shot.

it's not a good photo but damn she's really pretty

Most reactions

Back