Portrait of my wife

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

I took some portrait shots of my wife. I cleaned up some skin areas (per her request) and brought up the eye color - possibly a little too much.

Any constructive input? Is the beige-on-beige too plain? Should I cut out the hands? They're out of focus, and not fully in the frame.

1146875164.jpg

Assume you aren't planning to have her sit for these again - I'd leave the hands in.. they're
elegant hands and I think it's framed nicely with the glimpse of the brandy glass and the
bracelets on her right-arm are nicely in-focus. Do you think your camera could get all the
elements in focus if you tried it again?

I think the stone's color matches her top nicely. What other BG situations do you
have there to try ?

I could reshoot, that's our house. Yes, I could easily get her hands in the shot, both my lens and the space allow me to frame it.

Another background in my house is a plain wall of walnut paneling. It has nice texture in the grain, but I might lose her hair in it. I can't really bounce any light off her hair if she's close to the wall.

A beautiful model! I like the eye color, I dont think you've put too much in. It looks like the focus is on her neck/chest area rather than on her eyes. And I agree with hands, not to mention that the glass in her hands distracts me - too much going on near the bottom of a photo.

I also agree, hands either in or out...but not cut off...and in focus.

I like the background which goes nicely with the shirt. Maybe have her stand away from the background a little more. Then you can blur it a little more and hopefully reduce that shadow.

Big Mike said:
I also agree, hands either in or out...but not cut off...and in focus.

I like the background which goes nicely with the shirt. Maybe have her stand away from the background a little more. Then you can blur it a little more and hopefully reduce that shadow.

I quite agree.....

Very nice neverthelsess!

You've got good exposure. I'd like to see more seperation from the background (both distance and color) and shooting closer to her eye level. Her close eye looks out of focus, too.

She's a beautiful woman, so I definitely think you should shoot her more.

Well... I think we've got the idea of moving the model away from the background... first, best improvement.

I like the clothing choice. You've "keyed" the clothing with the background, bringing attention to skin tones... very nice!

Pete

She is indeed a beautiful model and I love the clothes with the background. I do agree that she needs to step away from the background a bit. I personally say hands out not that they are bad hands or anything. The eyes are great since they should be the main focus on the portrait in my opinion. Nice job!

a constructive input?
she is too beauty for this world!

you are really a lucky man

I think the tones in the shirt and wall go well together. I do agree with moving her away from it a tad bit and possibly when/if you reshoot, try putting your attention on her eyes to get them more in focus. In my opinion, the eyes are the most important part of a photo and having them in focus would be much more important that the hands, etc. She has beautiful eyes and they deserve the attention! LOL

Thank you all. I will reshoot in a couple of weeks, and post them to see if I got it right.

I will also let her know that I'm not the only one who considers her pretty!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back