Portrait of my wife.

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by rwebbart, Mar 13, 2007.

1. rwebbart

rwebbart TPF Noob!

Been asking her to pose for a while now. She modeled when she was a teen, but ever since the baby, and all that stuff, she thinks she's "ugly". I know she's crazy but other than the fact that I married "up", what do you think of the pictures execution.

[​IMG]

and here is a link to the lighting setup.....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwebbart/419692696/

2. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Oh, she's very pretty. I like the background with her eye color.

3. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

I agree, your wife is very pretty. You are lucky to have a willing ,model, this will allow you to practice while having fun with your spouse. IMHO you could crop a little tighter to her face and shoulders and eliminate the distracting watermark. You seem to have a good handle on lighting but it seems a little bright on her forehead and tip of her nose, that may be because of the makeup. Nice catchlights in her eyes.

4. rwebbart

rwebbart TPF Noob!

The reason for the crop and watermark is a particular site that these are going on makes me more money when the photos are marked this way. It's not how the customers get them, but it is more of a billboard advertisement kind of thing. I just didn't want to (i was to lazy to) upload several different versions to several different sites.

The version I printed and have in my office as of this morning is cropped to 8x10 ratio and a little tighter. It also only has my tiny little one line watermark in the bottom right-hand corner.

5. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

Its a beautiful shot, composition wise and subject, but I think the saturation is a little high on her face...skin colour looks too red/pink...a little weird looking by my screen, anyway.

6. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm certain that some of the look is due to the screen res of the jpg image but there seems to be a lot of glare on the forehead and cheekbones.

IMO, the pose may be giving her a little 'jowl' on her left side that could be easily retouched out.

[​IMG]

7. kirill_uk

kirill_uk TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    not sure about the background, also Photoshop make her look plastic.