Portrait of my wife.

rwebbart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Been asking her to pose for a while now. She modeled when she was a teen, but ever since the baby, and all that stuff, she thinks she's "ugly". I know she's crazy but other than the fact that I married "up", what do you think of the pictures execution.

419692642_af6abab14b.jpg

and here is a link to the lighting setup.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwebbart/419692696/

Oh, she's very pretty. I like the background with her eye color.

I agree, your wife is very pretty. You are lucky to have a willing ,model, this will allow you to practice while having fun with your spouse. IMHO you could crop a little tighter to her face and shoulders and eliminate the distracting watermark. You seem to have a good handle on lighting but it seems a little bright on her forehead and tip of her nose, that may be because of the makeup. Nice catchlights in her eyes.

IMHO you could crop a little tighter to her face and shoulders and eliminate the distracting watermark.

The reason for the crop and watermark is a particular site that these are going on makes me more money when the photos are marked this way. It's not how the customers get them, but it is more of a billboard advertisement kind of thing. I just didn't want to (i was to lazy to) upload several different versions to several different sites.

The version I printed and have in my office as of this morning is cropped to 8x10 ratio and a little tighter. It also only has my tiny little one line watermark in the bottom right-hand corner.

Its a beautiful shot, composition wise and subject, but I think the saturation is a little high on her face...skin colour looks too red/pink...a little weird looking by my screen, anyway.

I'm certain that some of the look is due to the screen res of the jpg image but there seems to be a lot of glare on the forehead and cheekbones.

IMO, the pose may be giving her a little 'jowl' on her left side that could be easily retouched out.

419692642af6abab14bbbrm9.jpg

not sure about the background, also Photoshop make her look plastic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back