PORTRAIT photo...."Check this one OUT"

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am very happy with this photo. I don't like the glare on the glasses but I don't know how to PS that out. I am interesting to see what others think of this one. Thanks.

LindseyandMommy.jpg

Nice lighting, nice exposure, nice moment...Looks like a good shot to me. I agree about the glare though.

Its a great shot if you ask me.for some reason it makes me think of the sixties (1960)s and it has a real home feel to it.Good tone in the B&W aswell.Are you studying photography because from what I can see your photography has taken leaps and bounds with regaurds to your pictures.

Its a great shot if you ask me.for some reason it makes me think of the sixties (1960)s and it has a real home feel to it.Good tone in the B&W aswell.Are you studying photography because from what I can see your photography has taken leaps and bounds with regaurds to your pictures.

Wow Chris, that is the nicest thing I have ever heard. No I haven't been studing photography but I HAVE learned so much just from this website. I have also invested in some books to help me too. I have taken a likeing to Portraits over the last months.

Thank you again for the kind words! :)

The moment, their expression, the light ... all very good. The photo really radiates emotion.
I agree about the reflection on their lenses, but I feel the photo as such is so strong that it does not REALLY matter that much, I mean: it cannot make this photo "bad"!

The glare could be PSed but it wouln't look good.
If this is a posed situation, the next time take a picture in the 'final' pose and then, without the models moving, slide off their glasses and take another shot.

Then the eyes can be easily moved into the 'with glasses' shot.

The glare could be PSed but it wouln't look good.
If this is a posed situation, the next time take a picture in the 'final' pose and then, without the models moving, slide off their glasses and take another shot.

Then the eyes can be easily moved into the 'with glasses' shot.

Silly question - would a polarizing filter help in this case?

Great pic btw :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I have been working hard to improve my photography. I really "felt" this photo and wanted to find out if you guys felt it too.

It's quite a gorgeous shot, but for the future, perhaps you could have your models remove the lenses from their glasses. At least, that's what the guy who took my senior photos did, and it worked. The glasses really are a part of the people who wear them. :)

Yes a circular polarizing filter would have helped this shot a lot. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE IT!!! It's a good investment if you plan on taking photos of people with glasses on a regular basis, and since these people are close to you, that's probably a yes. Great shot!

Yes a circular polarizing filter would have helped this shot a lot. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE IT!!! It's a good investment if you plan on taking photos of people with glasses on a regular basis, and since these people are close to you, that's probably a yes. Great shot!
Agree. Even if it didnt eliminate the reflection completely, it would have reduced it enough to where it would be much less distracting. I cant reccomend them though, they're so useful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back