TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to work on my portraits...
first attempt at off camera flash, hand held.

uke7.jpg

uke5.jpg

uke2-Copy.jpg

uke8.jpg

uke4.jpg

uke.jpg

I think your biggest issue is not accounting for the brightness of the background. It competes and wins for where the eye of the viewer is traveling in your image. This is certainly a case where you should meter for the background and light the subject with flash. Lemme see...... 'ang on......... just a minute......... Ahhhh, here it is CLICKY.

She has beautiful blue eyes. Try not to have them so far in their sockets. It looks a bit manic. Try to have a bit of white surrounding the iris in the X axis.

A lot of these seem OOF to me. I agree to the bright background. A bit distracting.

All that greenery is causing green pollution in the flesh tones. It can really be difficult to get clean, unpolluted color when there is a lot of light that has been filtered through green leaves,and bounced off of green grass...

All that greenery is causing green pollution in the flesh tones. It can really be difficult to get clean, unpolluted color when there is a lot of light that has been filtered through green leaves,and bounced off of green grass...

So is there a technical solution or is it another thing to add to my memory banks before I begin shooting? If it's unavoidable, then how do I decrease it's effect?

One positive thing I will say for ya is that I feel like you did a great job of catching natural poses! I love seeing a genuine smile and other genuine actions.

I do feel like ishe is a bit over exposed. Like kundalini said, I think your off camera flash would benefit most from using it for the subject while metering off the background.

So is there a technical solution or is it another thing to add to my memory banks before I begin shooting? If it's unavoidable, then how do I decrease it's effect?

NIK has plug-ins with control points. Very selective editing that most likely can solve the issue that Derrel is pointing out.

If you are interested, visit their site, there are tutorials to watch and podcasts to watch that may help you to decide if these programs will satisfy your needs.

Nik Software, Inc. | Welcome?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back