portrait problems

More on the hand than the nose

y8.jpg
nose20051225mbhouse0010my8.jpg

Hi Traveler... I love the original version the best. I see what you are pointing out but I still like the original untouched OR the BW the best ... Nice job. How about sharpening the eyes a bit so they pop? Thats my only suggestion.. take it or leave it .. :)

The black and white does not work at all. Way too much contrast and way too few tones.:thumbdown: Stick to the colour.

skieur

Black and white is all about contrast.

Black and white is all about the tones and gradations from accurate whites to rich blacks with detail throughout. That is why high quality black and white shots require considerable work in the darkroom or in postprocessing.

skieur

Your example Traveller is still too contrasty and limited in detail. After photoshopping...both more tones and more details but limited by the original exposure.

travelerportprob.jpg

(Well, in small defense, I put the unedited version up to use but the edits are really limited more by the loss of tones in resizing than by exposure defects in the original.)

(Well, in small defense, I put the unedited version up to use but the edits are really limited more by the loss of tones in resizing than by exposure defects in the original.)

Not sure what you mean here but I don't see how you lose tones in resizing in any noticeable manner unless you are working in 8 bit.

skieur

Most reactions

Back