Portrait Professional 8

ccssk8ter11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone used this software or know if its any good or not?
I downloaded a demo and it seems pretty cool, pretty reasonable price too, but i was just wondering what everyone else's opinions on it were.

I don't have it and never used it but it looks kind of one dimensional to me. Especially for $199.00. It fixes blemishes and wrinkles. That's about it. I think it would be better served as a plug in for Photoshop at a reasonable price than a stand alone program. But that is just me.

It made my kids look like they were made of plastic.. It's lets you redimension your face by having you click on the corners of everything to identify them and then gives you sliders to rediminsion everything, change skin tone, smooth pores, etc.. It's kind of stupid, really, because you can make someone look like a total stranger with the program. The changes it makes aren't very realistic looking, either, IMHO.

It made my kids look like they were made of plastic.. It's lets you redimension your face by having you click on the corners of everything to identify them and then gives you sliders to rediminsion everything, change skin tone, smooth pores, etc.. It's kind of stupid, really, because you can make someone look like a total stranger with the program. The changes it makes aren't very realistic looking, either, IMHO.

Ahhh yes, all mine are grown and gone, but thinking back a few years when they were little and would be yelling and fighting. I wish I could have turned them into plastic a few times then and set them on a shelf. :lol: :lol: :lol: At least it would have shut them up for a while. :D

I actually went and paid for Portrait Professional Max... uhhmmm... I asked for my money back, and got it.

This is likely the ONLY software I ever out and out paid for without extensive testing, which is something I *never* do... ok, we're all allowed a mistake now and then, yes?

It was ok... merely ok. On top of that, it was easy to go WAY overboard with the softening and facial warping. A small miscalculation made the forehead of my subject look 2X bigger... like a relative of the 2 cartoon characters Pinky and the Brain... LOL.

Imagenomic Portraiture for the win.

Most reactions

Back